Followers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Starcraft Serenade

Hey everyone!

As some of you requested, my boyfriend has decided to let me blog more frequently. In this particular blog we’re both going to contribute separate thoughts regarding the Starcraft poem I wrote for our anniversary.

Now, I’m not a gamer or anything besides playing LoL and a few console games, but I guess you could say I did my research to develop this poem. Starcraft is his favourite game so I thought it would be best to write something humorous –since I know so little about it– but still show my consideration.

Although googling about SC vocabulary seemed pretty standard, putting it altogether turned out to be a little complex;  seeing as I’d have to know the concepts of the game in order to talk about it. That being said, I’m not quite sure if it makes sense. But hey, it’s the thought that counts!

I know I'm a chobo, but he knows I love him ♥
Boyfriend’s thoughts?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My girl doesn't give herself enough credit; I thought the poem and the drawing were amazing and cute.

She’s right about her not knowing a lot about SC, which is why I was super impressed when she came up with it. It was hard to believe she wrote it at first because her vocab was used perfectly – no matter what she says about it. I remember her questioning me about certain SC terms and concepts, but I didn’t think too much of it to clue in.

I sometimes played Starcraft II while she was watching, and whenever I played against a Terran she'd refer to the marines as gummy bears, cause every game my opponent was a different color (red, green, yellow). I thought that was really cute, especially since she tried getting into the game for me.

She's a real sweetheart for writing such a lovely poem on our anniversary, and I truly appreciate her for it. She’s the best girlfriend any guy could have, so I guess that makes me pretty lucky ;)

I love her ♥

12 comments:

  1. gotta love a girl who will game with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, very thoughtful. Your lucky to have a woman that will take an interest in your hobbies. The gummy bears thing reminds me a lot of my sister. She used to do the same kind of thing when we were kids while she watched me playing SNES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, looks like you really found the girl for your life! dont let her go, never! its a big failure to do that, i know that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nerdy, but I have to say, that's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Credit to your giffy, sounds like she's a real keeper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha that's awesome. That's one thing I love about my girl too, that she games with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, cute

    My girlfriend only plays COD, but she's way better than me at it =/ lmao

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prostatus girl you've got my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got yourself a keeper here, man. :) I'm jelly. :))

    ReplyDelete